Project Infinity: Nomad Chimera

So today is showing off my monthly contribution to the Tale of Skirmish Painters from Warseer.

This month I have decided to FINALLY begin work on one of my most favorite units in the entire Nomad range. The Chimera! A gene-modified super soldier ( don't let those cute looks fool you! ). She leads a team of 3 animal-human hybrids into the fight, and between the 4 of them, not many can stand their assault!

Again because they are not part of the main forces, I tried to stay away from the customary red, and tried new colors with it instead.

I really think she came out well in the end, and I have to say that the original work I did on her over the weekend did not do her justice.

It was not until I busted out the oil paints, and began to try to match the colors and touch them up a bit. I have to say, I am really liking the ability to play with Oil Paint as the drying time on them are a lot longer, and allows me to do some blending right on the model. I have a far way to go before I can say that I am using them properly, but in the meantime, I think it is doing well for now. See the comparison of before the oil colors below..


I think it came out a lot better now with the Oil colors, and it means that for other higher end models, I will be playing around with this a lot more.

Still looking for proper references online, through youtube and other blogs to see how I can improve in this area, and I will do up a post in the future showing all those references as well. Really can't say enough how much it makes a differences on some of the models though.

Below are some more photos.. enjoy!








Comments

  1. Nice figure and definitely worth showing off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne.. I think it turned out well if I do say so myself ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Fran.. I think she turned out quite well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts